Instructions for use:
1. Clean both the metal and the glass with 100% acetone. NO SUBSTITUTES.
2. Use the eye dropper to apply the ACTIVATOR on both of the surfaces to be bonded. Activator will form a thin wet film in about 3-5 minutes. Do not touch Activator. Always put poly-seal cap back on after use or the Activator will evaporate. Place eye dropper in a clean Zip-Lock.
3. Apply ADHESIVE to the stand-off. When the stand-off is placed on the glass the adhesive should spread out and cover the entire surface area. Adhesive will set in 5-10 minutes and cure in 48-72 hours. Clean up excess adhesive around sand-off with acetone.
Notes: To speed up the set and/or cure time increase the temperature in the room, not direct heat from heat gun or hair dryer – this will make your application brittle. Keep your adhesive in refrigerator when not in use.
more details about hang your glass adhesive
Removing the Stand-off
Once your stand-off is properly adhered, the adhesive is actually stronger than the glass. If you decide that you need to remove a stand-off for any reason, the only way to do so it to heat it to approximately 232°C Hang Your Glass does not recommend using heat guns because you are likely to shock the glass, causing it to break. Heat in general makes the adhesive brittle and only subject it to heat when you intend to remove a stand-off.
1. Place piece into kiln with stand-off facing up.
2. Turn kiln on and begin to heat up to 232°C. At about 232°C the adhesive will become viscous.
3. Push the stand-off off the glass with a pair of tongs. Leave the on the kiln shelf, fiber paper or place the hot stand-off on concrete floor.
4. Bring kiln temperature down to room temperature.
5. Remove glass from kiln.
6. Use screwdriver to remove excess adhesive from the glass. Do not reuse the stand-off.
*WARNING: Activator is highly flammable. Keep away from flames or other sources of ignition. Never mix activator and adhesive as liquids. Store in temperatures between 46° and 82°F. Always make sure that the cap on activator and cleaner/solvents are on air tight to prevent evaporation. These products are high flammable and can be harmful or fatal if swallowed. Products may irritate eyes and/or skin and should not be inhaled. Please take precaution when using them and make sure to wear necessary eye protection, mask and gloves when handling the activator, adhesive and/or solvent. Do not store or use near heat, spark, open flame or any other sources of ignition.
**MSDS is available upon request, please email us or call us at: 1-650-353-4642.